Hey there, small business owner! My name is Kimberly Houston and this is my site. I’m so glad you’re here.
I help creative small businesses create a persuasive online presence through targeted web copy, content creation and strategy, and social media marketing so they can get their message out into the world and get more clients, customers and sales.
You have a business to run, you don’t have endless hours to spend writing web copy, planning, writing and scheduling blog and social media content, or time to learn all the ins and outs of the latest greatest social media tool for marketing your business. You want effective web copy and a content plan and social media strategy that makes sense for your small business, one that can be implemented without a hassle or a challenging, lengthy learning curve.
That’s what I help clients do every day and this site will feature articles on how you can do it too.
And for even more marketing goodness you can easily digest, understand and implement right away, sign up for my free weekly newsletter. Delivered straight to your e-mail inbox every Tuesday, each issue contains an actionable tip, technique, or how-to for developing your web presence and marketing your business online. You’ll find the sign-up form on the top right-hand side of the blog.
You want to set yourself apart as the go-to person in your niche, so that all other things being equal, when someone searches online for that thing you do, they choose you! And you can use a well thought out web strategy that includes high-quality content, strategic content planning and scheduling, and social media marketing to make that happen. ; )
If you’re interested in my “official” background, here’s the low-down:
• My marketing journey started in the southwestern jewelry business, where I spent 6+ years in marketing and sales. In this role I helped plan, develop and execute promotional activities such as direct mail, advertising, trade shows, and catalog production, as well as servicing a 3-state client base as a salesperson.
• I moved from there to working for a small, boutique PR agency, where I helped conceptualize and execute public relations campaigns. I provided research and analysis, media relations, strategic planning, and creative, advertising and web visibility services for client accounts in the service, non-profit and manufacturing sectors.
• Next, I made a long-term dream of mine come true: I started working on political campaigns, a crazy, fast-paced, and totally consuming career, which I loved unreservedly. In my work across several campaigns and election seasons, I coordinated community outreach, fundraising, and strategic communications; managed a paid staff and hundreds of volunteers; helped craft campaign strategies, and in collaboration with a team of campaign strategists, developed consistent branding using media, direct mail, research, polling, and field outreach.
• From there, I took a very brief detour into non-profit fundraising, where I worked to increase the size and number of donations for a local public radio station.
• I also have a terrific education, which I got not because I had a specific career goal in mind, but because I was passionately interested in the subject matter. I earned a Master of Arts in Latin American Studies from the University of New Mexico, and a Bachelor of Arts in English from Fordham University in New York.
• And of course, I couldn’t talk about my background without mentioning my years on and off in the restaurant industry – I’ve cashiered, hostessed, waitressed, waitressed, waitressed, run marketing campaigns for restaurants, worked in retail wine shops, had my own wine tasting business, and otherwise been wildly captivated by all things food-and-wine industry for the better part of 15 years.
I’m thrilled you decided to spend a few minutes today visiting my site. My aim is to to help you polish your online marketing skills and apply a combination of killer content, content strategy and planning, and social media marketing to grow your small business.
To your awesome success!
Come over and join the community on Facebook. . .
Follow me on Twitter . . .
Check me out on LinkedIn . . .
Or email me at: kimberly (at) kimberlydhouston (dot) com
See you there!